ACCESS HEALTH, AGING AND DISABILITY CONSULTING, LLC
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF A HEARING AID IS THE RIGHT ONE OR NOT?
By Linda S. Heller,M.A.C.C.C.A.,C.M.,CAP-S
Whether a person finds a hearing aid helpful or not depends on many factors. Here are just a few questions that need answers!
1. What listening demands does the person have?
2. What license does your hearing aid dispenser have?
3. How experienced is the hearing aid dispenser?
4. How much understanding does a person have with and
without hearing aids in noise and in quiet?
5. What expectations does a person have about what the hearing
aid can do?
6. How flexible is their hearing aid in meeting the person's
hearing and listening demands?
7. What are the results of a hearing and listening tests?
8. How does a person function with and without hearing aids
and speechreading ? How does this compare to hearing in
9. What is the person's life experience?
10. How long has the person not been hearing well? What is the
cause of the hearing loss?
11. Have they used a hearing or other assistive listening devices
12. If the person has been wearing a hearing aid, is it properly
adjusted to meet the needs of their current audiogram and
For more information, contact Access Health, Aging and Disability Consulting, LLC. Email: email@example.com, Ph/text (302)388-9459